If you are looking at this website it is likely that you are looking for some help for yourself or a loved one that is suffering from addiction. I understand what you are going through and can help you with this. There is hope and recovery from addiction is achievable. I have 18+ years of continuous personal addiction recovery and I am living proof that recovery really is possible. Over 6 years counselling experience in residential rehabs in UK; South Africa; Thailand and Malaysia. I currently help provide various services to families. I facilitate crisis 'Interventions' to help their loved one access the correct treatment that they need. I can also provide long term 'Family Intervention Services' to help the whole family rebuild, heal and recover together. I also provide individual; couples and family counselling in Cork City Centre. I am also proud to be the 'Outreach Consultant' in the Republic of Ireland for the highly respected addiction treatment organisation Castle Craig Hospital (in Scotland) and their beautiful centre in Ireland, Smarmore Castle Private Clinic.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nick Axcell B.A. (Hons), M.A.
Masters Degree in Counselling - Leeds University, U.K.
B.A. (Hons) 1st Class Degree in Counselling - Leeds University, U.K.
Trained Interventionist - Sober Academy, U.K.
Certified Recovery Coach - Sober Academy, U.K.
Choice Theory Levels 1 & 2 - William Glasser Institute, Ireland.
Certificate In Couple And Family Counselling Skills - Institute of Counselling, U.K. In process - completion due by August 2018.
Member of the American Counselling Association.
Over the past 16 years I have both worked in organisations and been self-employed. Some of the roles have been as a counsellor; advocate; manager; business owner; support worker, marketing specialist and outreach consultant. I have helped clients with a vast variety of challenges and below is a list of some of the main groups and issues I have gained experience with:
- Provided therapy to students at Hull University, U.K.
- Worked with ex-prisoners at RAPT, U.K.
- Worked in various roles in mental health including MIND, U.K. and Sli Eile, Cork
- 13 years experience as a counsellor in residential rehabs
- Vast experience of working with those in active addiction, early, mid and long term recovery
- Vast mental health experience
- Trauma work
- Years of experience working with families and couples affected by addiction
- I conducted degree level research into male gender issues in therapy
- Significant experience of cultural issues having travelled/worked extensively in various countries in Africa/Asia/EU
- I have worked with clients who follow multiple religions including many Muslims; Buddhist; Christian; Hindu and atheists and agnostics
- Multiple years of experience helping people having relationship issues
- Experience of helping with financial difficulties
- Significant experience helping people with the consequences of criminal activity
- Worked with many victims and perpetrators of violence
- Childhood issues
- Childhood trauma
- Making lifestyle changes