If you are looking at this website it is likely that you are looking for some help for yourself or a loved one that is suffering from addiction. I understand what you are going through and can help you with this.
There is hope and recovery from addiction is achievable.
I have nearly 21 years of continuous personal addiction recovery and I am living proof that recovery really is possible.
For the last nineteen years I have worked in numerous therapeutic roles within the addiction treatment and wellness sector. For over 7 years, I worked as a counsellor in residential rehabs in the UK; South Africa; Thailand and Malaysia.
I currently provide various services to clients and families to help the whole family rebuild, heal and recover together.
I hold a First Class Honors Degree and Masters Degree in Counselling from Leeds University, U.K.
I have also completed various trainings in Intervention and Coaching.
Nick Axcell B.A. (Hons), M.A.
Masters Degree in Counselling - Leeds University, U.K.
B.A. (Hons) 1st Class Degree in Counselling - Leeds University, U.K.
Trained Interventionist - Sober Academy, U.K.
Certified Recovery Coach - Sober Academy, U.K.
Choice Theory Levels 1 & 2 - William Glasser Institute, Ireland.
Certificate In Couple And Family Counselling Skills - Institute of Counselling, U.K. In process - completion due by August 2018.
Member of the American Counselling Association.
Over the past 19 years I have both worked in organisations and been self-employed. Some of the roles have been as a counsellor; advocate; manager; business owner; support worker, marketing specialist and outreach consultant. I have helped clients with a vast variety of challenges and below is a list of some of the main groups and issues I have gained experience with:
- Provided therapy to students at Hull University, U.K.
- Worked with ex-prisoners at RAPT, U.K.
- Worked in various roles in mental health including MIND, U.K. and Sli Eile, Cork
- 6 years experience as a counsellor in residential rehabs
- Vast experience of working with those in active addiction, early, mid and long term recovery
- Vast mental health experience
- Trauma work
- Years of experience working with families and couples affected by addiction
- I conducted degree level research into male gender issues in therapy
- Significant experience of cultural issues having travelled/worked extensively in various countries in Africa/Asia/EU
- I have worked with clients who follow multiple religions including many Muslims; Buddhist; Christian; Hindu and atheists and agnostics
- Multiple years of experience helping people having relationship issues
- Experience of helping with financial difficulties
- Significant experience helping people with the consequences of criminal activity
- Worked with many victims and perpetrators of violence
- Childhood issues
- Childhood trauma
- Making lifestyle changes